GLITTER BUG WALL COVERING HANGING INSTRUCTIONS
Please read carefully before hanging wall covering.
- Check full roll thoroughly for any faults. If glitter is faulty please report immediately, take a photograph and email email@example.com describing the fault.
- Check carefully for any shading difference throughout the roll before hanging, as once applied to the wall we are unable to accept a return or provide a replacement.
- Lighter shades of wall covering may pick up smaller darker particles of glitter during manufacture; this is not a manufacturing fault and can normally be brushed off.
- We recommend that a professional decorator that has experience of hanging fabric backed wall covering should hang our glitter wall coverings.
- We will not be responsible for any costs incurred where a decorator has applied faulty wall covering.
- When hanging this product the glitter should be hung the same way as it comes off the roll, if not there maybe a shading difference.
- Random pattern
- Remove all old wallpaper, paste and loose paint and ensure all walls prepared correctly, clean, dry and in sound condition.
- Lighter shades of glitter will require a uniform colour. On a dry absorbent surface apply a good quality emulsion paint to equalise the surface colour using a pigmented paint of a similar colour.
- New plaster should be allowed to dry out completely.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper.
- Absorbent surfaces should be prepared with a primer.
- Ensure good ventilation for hanging and drying.
- Roll glitter wall covering out on a long, flat surface. Use a tape measure and pencil to mark height on fabric. Allow 4 extra inches to account for waste, and then cut using fabric scissors. Arrange product in roll sequence as it comes off the roll.
- Trim excess material from either side of wall covering.
- Use only full width glitter. Cutting narrow widths above doorframes ect should be avoided. Do not infill with offcuts or out of sequence drops.
- Apply extra strength adhesive evenly to the wall using a medium pile roller (you do NOT need to apply adhesive to the back of the wall covering). Apply adhesive for approx. 2 lengths at a time. Use a brush to apply paste to corners and edges. If you have purchased Glitter Bug Wallpaper’s specialist adhesive you may add up to 5% water for a thinner consistency if required.
- Allow adhesive to tack off. Do not allow adhesive to get onto the face of our glitter wall coverings, removal will be impossible.
- Apply the cut length of wall covering.
- Press against glue, and smooth out air bubbles with a smoothing tool. Make sure you work from centre to edges to remove any air bubbles.
- Allow glitter to settle before trimming excess material. Trim the top and bottom of the wallpaper with a sharp utility knife and straight edge ruler. Keeps hands dry and clean at all times.
- Hang the next section of wall covering. Glitter should be overlapped and spliced, overlap approx. 5cm. Use a sharp utility knife to trim through the centre. We suggest using a new blade for each joint. Remove excess material and make finishing touches to joint, taking care not to squeeze out adhesive onto the face of the wall covering as dried adhesive may damage the surface of the wall covering. Should any adhesive have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged off whilst moist using a clean, damp sponge.
- The joint maybe seam rolled if required. Ensure you do not over work the joint, as this may cause damage.
This information has been supplied in good faith, but without guarantee and on the understanding that the installer will have decorating knowledge to work with differing site and atmospheric conditions. We recommend using Glitter Bug Wallpaper specialist adhesive available to purchase via our website. Please note if the recommended adhesive is not used, we are unable to accept responsibility for resulting problems. Please ensure each roll is inspected before cutting and hanging. Ensure the wall coverings are in good condition and have no faults. It is the paperhangers responsibility to check the wall covering is in good condition and fit for purpose, and that no visible problems arise during hanging. Claims will not be accepted once the wall covering has been applied to the wall. Glitter Bug Wallpaper cannot be held responsible for fitting or measuring errors.